Gourmet Mushroom Risotto
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
- 8 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1-1/4 pounds white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2-3/4 shallots, diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- Sea salt to taste
- Heath’s Blends Mark’s Masterpiece seasoning
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup and 3 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
2. Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
3. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with Marks Masterpiece to taste.